Sunday, February 16, 2020

RYAN CHRISCOE BLOG 1


In my own day to day life I find that we must be able to adapt to view and see different types of social media. But everyone has their own use to social media and the have different ways that they use their social media. Some people use social media for their business while others use it for their own personal use. For me personally I use social media for a lot of different uses, it’s the biggest component in my current job as the marketing director for a high end publication but I also use it to market myself and my own business as a real estate agent. But I also use social media as a way to decompress and keep up with the world. While there are so many social media platforms at our fingertips myself personally I find myself using these four platforms the most. Instagram, snapchat, YouTube, and LinkedIn are my most used social media platforms. 
            Instagram is a platform that I find myself using constantly throughout my day, from when I wake up to when I go to bed I am constantly on this app. When I wake up in the morning I find myself scrolling through this app to see what I missed overnight and to me Instagram is almost like checking the news. But then once my day is going during my job I am constantly posting Instagram stories, and creating content for Instagram as it’s the biggest social media platform that I use as the marketing director for the publication, but I also even begin to use it for real estate agent job that is just begging to start for me. But this app for me is really how I keep up to date with all the content created for marketing and direction and even inspiration to use in my day to day job. 
            Snapchat is the one social media platform that I use strictly for my own personal social media. This app is how I communicate directly with my close friends but also the platform that I do not polish before sharing anything with them. I truly feel to be my most authentic self on this app because it is the app I use to really be able to communicate and show with my friends what I am doing without filtering that. The saying a picture is worth a thousand words is very true for me in this app because I truly do not filter or try to achieve the most perfect picture for snapchat I just really want it to be the most authentic and truest it can be to myself. 
            YouTube, the next social media platform is once again just a platform that I use for my own personal use. This is not a platform that I use to create content in this app I strictly just view the content and use it more as a streaming service. This app is one that I constantly find myself to be using almost strictly before bed or even just to pass the time. But for me it’s just to be able to pass the time. I constantly find myself watching like news stories on cbs and like vlogs of just random people, even all the way to just a simple how to video. This is just a platform that I almost can safety say that I allow the platform to guide me on what to watch and to view. In that I just follow the suggested videos and click and watch and just allow it to build on its self and to guide me on what to stream.
            The last platform that I use is strictly for my businesses and marketing myself and that is LinkedIn. For me this app allows me to market myself in the most polished and professional version of myself. In this app I use it to keep up with the industry that I work in and to look at job openings and to also get inspiration from other leaders in my field on how I can grow myself but to also be able to grow others. This app serves as my own stop shop for inspiration on how to guide myself in my field but to also build others. But I also use it to connect with other leaders in my field and to discuss and brainstorm ideas with them. And I also use it to share some of my personal success and to also share the success of my team. And to also discuss topics about my industry, but also to see what else is changing in the industry. 
            These social media platforms seem to really be able to group most of my day to day interactions into what would sum up my most used social media accounts. But what I think I really enjoyed the most in doing this was being able to spot all the different reasons that I choose the social media platforms that I did. But in doing that I was really able to self-reflect and see what platforms I use and truly what do I use them for. While most of them are used to just simply pass time it was really interesting for me to be able to reflect and find the trends and even the times that I find myself using certain platforms over those of others.